March Madness 2018: ACCESS TO OPPORTUNITY
At Cureate, our mission is to provide access to knowledge and new business opportunity so that small business can survive and thrive. March 2018 is chalk-full of new business opportunities that we want to share with you! Here it goes:
Sam Adams Brewing the American Dream: Pitch Competition
- $10K AND A YEAR OF COACHING FROM SAM ADAMS EMPLOYEES! Apply here: http://btad.samueladams.com/how-we-help/pitch-room-competition
- Brewing ideas is easy for some of us. Selling them is hard. That’s why we’ve created The Brewing the American Dream Pitch Room. The Pitch Room is a competition that teaches rising food and beverage craftspeople how to perfect the art of the sales pitch. If you are a Baltimore food, beverage, or craft brewing business owner with a packaged product or a liquid that is currently on draft or bottled, apply now for the chance to compete in our Baltimore Pitch Room Competition, taking place on March 27th, for a chance to win $10K and a year of coaching from the employees of Samuel Adams!
- Deadline is March 21st 11:59PM EST.
Sam Adams Brewing the American Dream: Speed Coaching
- FREE to attend PLUS FREE food and drink: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sam-adams-brewing-the-american-dream-speed-coaching-baltimore-tickets-43568465453
- We are hosting Sam Adams (yes, the beer!) at School of Food in Baltimore (1412 N Wolfe St Baltimore MD) on March 27th for speed coaching. We will have experts from operations to finance to social media marketing and more! Please register ASAP as capacity is limited.
The Good Food Movement
- Register here: https://www.schooloffood.org/product/the-good-food-movement-sourcing-raw-goods-for-your-products-and-menus
- Do you produce a value-added product — from salsa or sauces to catering? At this workshop we discuss the importance of the sourcing locally from all parts of the supply chain. How can you as a producer buy from local/regional farms to incorporate locally-grown produce into your product offerings? Maddie Morales, Common Market and Kim Bryden, School of Food walk you through sourcing best practices. Join us on March 21st from 5-6:30pm.
- More information: https://www.glensgardenmarket.com/acclerateherdc
- An awesome program live now for female founders to apply to - check out application above! What does the winner receive? At stake: a $10,000 no-strings investment; a year-long professional mentorship with Glen’s Founder (Danielle Vogel), our Marketing Director Shana Muhammad, and Grocery Department Head Merrill Dagg; and monthly Human Resources and strategic planning with Melissa Jones, Philanthropic Consultant and Food Systems Advocate. In addition, the winner will receive a complimentary entry to the Good Food Mercantile in Brooklyn this July, an amazing opportunity to meet the very best independent specialty retailers in the country.
WOW Festival Baltimore
- More information here: http://wow-baltimore.org/
- We would like 12 women owned food & beverage makers to be featured. They can sample products if they'd like, in addition to selling their product on site to attendees.
- The hours: 9 am - 4 pm on Saturday, April 28.
- Get in touch with Intrinsic Events if you're interested (and tell them Cureate sent you!)
POW! WOW! DC
- POW! WOW! DC is looking to feature a group of DMV producers at their VIP bodega for artists that are traveling into DC from around the globe. Interested in being a part of their pop-up bodega? Get in touch.
- More info: For ten days in May, a curated group of artists from around the globe will travel to Washington, DC to paint larger-than-life murals at our annual celebration of art and creativity, the international mural festival called POW! WOW! DC. The name POW! WOW! was inspired from the color filled pages of comic books. “POW!” being the impact that art has on a person; a punch in the face, something that surprised you. “WOW!” being the reaction that art has on a viewer. Together they form “POW! WOW!, - a term which describes a gathering that celebrates culture, music and art. This event represents the core mission of POW! WOW!, to beautify, educate and bring people together through the power of art.
- Media Partners: HYPEBEAST • SUPERSONIC ART ACCLAIM MAGAZINE • HIGHSNOBIETY ARRESTED MOTION • HI FRUCTOSE MONSTER CHILDREN • INSTAGRAFITE COMPLEX • THE HUFFINGTON POST JUXTAPOZ • STREET ART NEWS • LA TACO • FLUORO • BOOOOOOOM • LIVING FAST MAGAZINE • COOL HUNTING VNA MAGAZINE • BLISSS GRAFFUTURISM