Do you run a small business, or have dreams to start one? Each week on The Tidbit, brought to you by Cureate, we discuss tidbits of knowledge around starting and running a small business with a food and beverage lens. Show host Kim Bryden sits down with guest experts and shares trending new topics on food, business and culture to help best prepare you for your business journey.
EPISODE 14: THIS ENTREPRENEUR WINS $1,000 FROM COMMUNITY-BASED BUSINESS
A FEW QUOTES:
- Do you have a challenge you've been facing at your business? We're starting minisodes on The Tidbit on the How-To's of growing and scaling your operations. Want to ask your questions to be answered on air? Sign-up for our newsletter! Links below.
- Everyone is entitled to an exceptional living experience.
- [Nest] creates a highly customer service oriented approach to property management.
- When you have great spaces, you attract great tenants. And when you're happy at home, you are a better neighbor. And better neighbors are active in their communities, which is better for the city.
- We measured our success based on the number of good jobs we were creating.
- Are you hiring a team member and putting them into a system that is streamlined?
- The more streamlined we are from a systems-based perspective, our team can be there when there is an emergency or when there's an opportunity to problem solve.
- There was no way for me to enjoy success as an entrepreneur without having a really great team of talent.
- I wanted to create an opportunity for others to have the agency/ownership, [...] and buy into a new concept that was separate from but synergistic with Nest DC.
- We now have 15 owners of Roost DC! Hands-down this is one of my proudest moments as a business owner.
- Our ability to meaningfully to the community is core to our business from the beginning. Time and talent has always been available, but now we are financially giving back.
- We're really excited to be offering $1,000 to... SOILFUL CITY!
- Thanks for the work that you do - if there is anything we can do to help with exposure, we want to make sure you thrive and succeed!
- Hear Xavier's full reaction at 21:15 and how he intends to use the funds.
- Listen to Xavier's full story on his Tidbit episode
STAY IN THE KNOW
- Subscribe to The Tidbit newsletter: http://cureateconnect.com (link in footer)
- Follow our show notes here at http://cureate.co/blog